Pick up / set down bay
- One long drop off bay suitable for buses located on Progress Drive at the main entrance.
- There is a kerb ramp up to the footpath.
External access and entrance
- The approach to the main entrance is via a wide paved footpath, which has a gentle slope up at the entry gates, average gradient 1:16 over 22 metres.
- Entry to the park is via turnstiles or a wide gate. The service counter is at standing height, 1.1 metres high with a perspex security screen.
- There is sufficient space for users of wheelchairs and walking aids to approach the counters.
- Through the entry gates there is a level paved area which slopes up to adjoining internal paths at a gradient of 1:9 over 5 metres.
- The park is set on a sloped, grassed site with all amenities and rides linked with wide paths that follow the contours of the land. Access to all facilities such as cafes and toilets have a level or sloped path.
- Predominately access to rides is up or down steps or stairs and most rides have a fixed queuing system with a separate small gate. All rides are staffed.
- The Enquiries counter is inside the main gate, has a small ramp up to the counter, which is 90cm high.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- The signage has large print in good colour contrast. The print is generally blue on a yellow background.
- The information map produced by Adventure World is predominately a small, clear print. The print is white on a multicoloured picture background.
Cafe, dining and food outlet
- Roller doors are open during business hours creating a spacious queuing area area with a vinyl floor.
- The take away area has a variety of seating including low ottomans, high bar stools and plastic chairs without armrests for the alfresco area.
- There is sufficient space for wheelchair or walking aid users to move between tables and reach all areas of the cafe.
- The moveable tables have a central pedestal and are standard height.
- The ordering and payment counter is at standing height and food is displayed at sitting height.
- The menu is white print on a red background.
- Doors are held open during business hours creating wide gap.
- The blackboard menu has clear print in good colour contrast, located behind the ordering counter.
- The service counter is at standing height, 1 metre.
- The inside seating area has a variety of seating including a fixed bar with stools, and standard height, moveable tables with central pedestals with plastic chairs with no armrests. The spacious cafe has a vinyl floor.
- The alfresco area is shaded with sails, has a wooden deck floor and level access. It has the same moveable tables and plastic chairs without armrests.
- There a number of large grassed areas available for picnics, many shaded with trees or shade sails.
- Seating is on the grass.
- Drinking fountains are located at the edge of paths, set into the grass, and near the main entry area. All have a push button control at standing height.
There are two main swimming pools on the Adventure World site.
- Entry to the pool is via steps with handrails on both sides and a central handrail, and colour contrast step edges.
- The pool is 1.2 metres to 1.6 metres deep, is outdoors and is not shaded.
- Shallow children's splash pool. Entry is down one brick to a beach style entry.
- The pool is up to 30cm deep and is located in a shaded area.