Closest accessible parking
Accessible Parking, Minnawarra Park Historic Precinct, Armadale
External access and entrance
Lower level Administration Offices:
Upper level Function Rooms and Council Chambers:
- Access from the two accessible bays is via a 55 metres long, wide paved path.
- Gradient of the base of the path is 1:14.
- Gradient of the top 15 metres of the path averages 1:16 with a cross slope of 1:14.
- Entrance is two sets of automatic opening double sliding doors.
- Access from the two accessible bays to the base of the pedestrian ramp is via the 15 metres of path with a slope and cross slope (see above).
- The ramp is wide and in three sections with wide level landings at each change in direction. Each section is 10 metres long with an average gradient of 1:13. There are handrails on both sides of the ramp.
Click image to view larger
Ground level - Administration Office
- There is no public access between the two levels internally. Visitors are required to traverse the sloped paving and ramp described above.
- All internal spaces are carpeted.
Upper level – Function Rooms, Council Chambers and public toilets.
- A spacious foyer with a public enquiry counter at sitting height.
- An additional counter at sitting height is provided for all building and technical enquiries.
- Seats with armrests and an ottoman chair are provided in the reception foyer.
- Public acess computers are located in a separate alcove through a gap 1.1 metres wide. The desk is 72cm high with 69cm knee space.
- Brochures are on display from sitting to standing height, staff assistance is available.
- All rooms are directly off a spacious mezzanine walkway that surrounds a central void to the Administration Office below.
- Displays and functions often extend out onto this space which has a reception counter at standing height.
- There is a drink fountain at sitting height.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Directional signage to the building is in good colour contrast and capital letters.
- Door signage is gold on highly reflective glazed surfaces.
- Information is displayed in several locations in the Administration public office. Brochures are displayed on tables at sitting height and on wall mounted stands from standing height.