- Groups can call ahead to discuss special requirements including prearranging bus parking and group access.
- Closest accessible parking bay is nearby in the Wellington Street Lower Level Parking.
- The bay is adjacent to the gallery.
Closest accessible parking
Wellington Street Lower Level Accessible Parking Bay, Bunbury
External access and entrance
- The approach to the gallery is via a wide concrete path that narrows to 76cm and has changes in direction. It links with a concrete ramp leading to the gallery entrance.
- There are two ground floor entrances into the gallery. One entrance has steps and the other entrance has a ramp.
- The main entrance has a wide, brushed concrete ramp that is approximately 6 metres long.
- It has a gradient of 1:10 with no handrails.
- Alternatively, there are four steps that have a handrail on one side, with colour contrasting edges.
- The main entrance has a double door entry that is 70cm wide when one door is open.
- The door is light to open and slow to close with a lever handle.
- There is a lip at the entrance.
- The alternative ground floor entrance also leads into an internal foyer and the door opening is 86cm wide.
Ground Floor Foyer
- The main ground floor foyer is spacious with vinyl flooring and leads into the reception/volunteer area.
- Located through a door 1 metre wide that is usually kept open.
- The desk is at sitting height. Office style swivel chairs have armrests.
- Located in the reception/volunteer area and leads to upstairs galleries.
- Staircase has a landing at change of direction and a hand rail on one side.
- It has colour contrasting step edges.
- The upstairs foyer has vinyl flooring and arm chairs with soft cushioning.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Information and brochures are on display from low sitting height to high standing height on the ground level.
- The printed information generally has easy to read font in good colour contrast.
- Directional signage is provided and has good colour contrast with reasonably easy to read font in all capitals.
- There is a directory board in the internal carpeted lobby next to the staircase.
- It has easy to read font in good colour contrast in a reflective surface.
- Display labels have large print and are at standing height.
- The carpeted Lower Gallery is located through the reception/volunteer area. Entrance door is 90cm wide and kept open during business hours.
- The gallery is level and spacious and seating is provided. Low armchairs have armrests with soft cushioning.
- There is a wide, level entry into an internal foyer that leads to the lift area.
Lindsay Stout Gallery
- The spacious City Gallery is located on the ground floor off the internal foyer.
- There is a wide level entry through concertina doors.
- The Lindsay Stout Gallery and has a wide, level entry off the City Gallery.
- It is carpeted and spacious.
- The spacious Chapel Gallery has a carpeted floor with a long central tiled aisle.
- It is located via the upstairs lift foyer. There is also an entrance via the upstairs staircase foyer, through a door 97cm wide that is kept open during business hours.
- Gallery is located upstairs through a wide doorway entrance. It is carpeted and spacious.
Upstairs entrance (Nun’s Walk)
- The upstairs entrance is sometimes used for group bookings.
- Large groups that use buses can prearrange bus parking with the gallery if required.
- There are nearby street side parking bays that can be reserved, or alternative arrangements made for buses.
- A concrete ramp approximately 8 metres long leads from the footpath. It has a gradient of 1:9 and a handrail on one side.
- The ramp links with double gates 85cm wide when one gate is open.
- The gates open into a spacious foyer with a wooden floor. The foyer has a gradient of 1:10 and a handrail is provided. The foyer leads through a doorway 1.1 metres wide with a handrail on one side.
- The path leading from the foyer to the entrance has a gradient of 1:12 and is approximately 10 metres long.
- There are also park benches along the path with backrests.
- The entrance has a wide doorway with a lip at the entry. It opens into the upper level of the gallery.