Pick up / set down bay
- The closest accessible pick up and set down bay is near the accessible toilet in the car park. It is 5 metres long.
- One accessible parking bay in the large car park near the toilet.
External access and entrance
- Access to the main building is by a 80 metre long level bitumen path and then a 15 metre long ramp, with a gradient of 1:9 at the rear.
- The rear door is double, clearance 82 cm each door.
- Access to the telescopes and outside viewing area is by a 150 metre, even and wide, bitumen pathway with a gradient of 1:23.
- Inside the main building is the shop and several facility rooms. The building is on one level, carpeted and no doors less than 82 cm clearance.
- The telescope viewing rooms are level with plenty of room.
Signage, customer displays and customer information
- Information displays are clear with good colour contrast.
Equipment for people with disabilities
- For visitors with a disability but who have upper body mobility, a telescope attached to a pantograph can be set up which allows the astronomer to aim and focus the telescope and use the pantograph to bring the telescope down to the visitors level.
- The observatory has two manual wheelchairs for the use of visitors.
Click image to view larger